Couples spend a lot of money to make sure their wedding day is one of the happiest days of their lives, but all the planning in the world won’t stop a horrible person from ruining it with one nasty comment.
Well, grooms have taken to Whisper to share the rudest comments they received on their wedding day and it’s bound to leave you shocked and, in some cases, a little disgusted.
Rude comments men heard on their wedding day include:
- “I was asked if my about-to-be wife had “a touch of downs” from my aunt. On my wedding day.”
- “’At least she looks white.’ My racist grandma said that to me on my wedding day about my new wife.”
- “My mother-in-law reminded me of my wife’s student debt at our wedding. So much for a congratulations.”
- “My MIL told me I could have done better with the ring I got her daughter. This was halfway through our wedding. I didn’t speak to her for months after that.”
- “My mother-in-law said ‘how long do you think they’ll last? I give it three years.'”
- “My sister-in-law said that our wedding wasn’t real because I didn’t spend thousands of dollars. However, I’m still married and she is divorced. Budgeting for the win.”
- “The moment I got married every woman I know said I was even more attractive. They even told me this at my wedding in front of my wife.”
- “My father-in-law introduced me to family as ‘my daughter’s first husband… with many more surely to follow’ at our wedding!”
- “My mother-in-law said ‘You weren’t her first choice, but you’ll do I guess.’”