According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, trashy is defined as:
“A term used broadly to define a person or group of persons whom embody the concepts of ignorance, racism, violence, alcoholism, poverty, and anglo-saxon ancestry. Similarly used with the term ‘cracker,’ ‘hillbilly’ or ‘redneck’.”
The website roadsnacks.net (not sure if it still exists) recently did some research into our beautiful state. Were they looking for the best vacation spots? Nope. Most scenic drive? Nope.
They went in search of the Top 10 Trashiest Cities in Wisconsin.' Lovely. Their list is comprised of the following data.
'How we determined the most trashy cities in Wisconsin?
Using publicly available government data, as well as Google Maps, we were able to collect the data on the following trashy metrics:
- Cities where there are lots of white people
- Cities where residents are poorer than average
- Cities where a high number of residents are high school dropouts
- High drug use
- Higher than average Payday Loan Outlets
- Violent cities (measured in aggravated assaults)
- Cities with a high number of residents on welfare'
Now, I guess we can all just hope that Eau Claire, Lake Hallie, Chippewa Falls or any of the other outlaying towns and cities didn't make the list. Let's find out
10 - Janesville
9 - Monroe
8 - Sparta
7 - Sheboygan
6 - Waupaca
5 - Antigo
4 - Rhinelander
3 - Beloit
2 - Racine
1 - Wausau