According to Yahoo News and Business Insider, there is a list of 27 JCPenny stores in 13 states that are set to close this year. Is the one at Oakwood Mall in Eau Claire on it?
There are several others in Wisconsin as well.
It's too bad that any of these types of stores have to close. ShopKo, Kohls, Sears, etc. We all know the reason why and yet no one says it out loud. I admit, I catch myself going to a particular 'big box' type of store more than I should and I always feel a little guilty afterwards.
But fortunately, it looks like our hometown JCPenny is safe. And so are all of the other Wisconsin stores.
Earlier this year, JCPenney announced it would close 27 stores in at least 13 different states in 2019. According toBusiness Insider, the list includes:
- Pines Mall, 2901 Pines Mall Dr., Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- NewPark Mall, 500 Newpark Mall, Newark, California
- Ponce De Leon Mall, 2121 US Hwy 1 S., St. Augustine, Florida
- Glynn Place Mall, One Mall Blvd., Brunswick, Georgia
- Lakeforest Mall, 701 Russell Ave., Gaithersburg, Maryland
- The Orchards Mall, 1800 Pipestone Rd., Benton Harbor, Michigan
- 1215 S. Main St., Sikeston, Missouri
- 3402 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, Missouri
- 6933 S. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri
- Hamilton Mall, 4405 E. Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, New Jersey
- Smith Haven Plaza, 9 Smith Haven Mall, Lake Grove, New York
- Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St., Cary, North Carolina
- Riverbirch Center Mall, 1041 Spring Lane, Sanford, North Carolina
- Greenwood Mall, 320 Bypass 72 Northwest, Greenwood, South Carolina
- Midway Mall, 4500 Midway Mall, Elyria, Ohio
- Northgate Mall, 401 NE. Northgate Way, Seattle, Washington