Would you want to now if there is a registered sex offender living next door?
I think most of us would probably want to know that information. Friend of mine sent me this link from CrimeReports.com that maps out those who have been convicted as sex offenders according to Wisconsin law.
To be registered you must have been found guilty of one or more of the following crimes:
- First-, second-, third- or fourth- degree sexual assault of an adult
- Incest or incest with a child
- Sexual exploitation by a therapist
- Sexual exploitation of a child
- First- or second-degree sexual assault of a child
- Engaging in repeated sexual assault of the same child
- Forcing a child to listen to or view sexual activity
- Soliciting a child for prostitution
- Sexual assault of a student by a teacher, principle or other school instructional staff person
- Being found in possession of child pornography
Now, I know that the criminal justice system is not 100% perfect and I am not by any means judging anyone for their actions past, present or future. Lest we all be judged, right?
This is simply information that you, the general public, have a right to know and has access to.